Installing Sprinkler Devices
This course is all about monitoring sprinkler systems. You will learn how to wire up waterflow switches, OS&Y valve tamper switches and butterfly tamper switches. You will learn how to wire up alarm and low air pressure switches and how to adjust compressor and pressure switch settings on a dry pipe or preaction sprinkler system. You will also learn how to wire up and test a solenoid for a preaction sprinkler system. Lastly, you will learn the basics of monitoring fire pump status.
After completing this course, you should understand:
- How to install OS&Y tamper switches
- How to wire up waterflow switches, tamper switches, pressure switches, solenoids and fire pumps
- How to set the activation point for low and high air supervisory pressure switches
- How to verify pressure switch operation
- How to test normally closed and normally open solenoids for preaction sprinkler systems
Approx. time: 1 hour 30 minutes
(1.5 CPD points)
This course is included in Fire Alarm 101 (12-month access).
Check out our other courses.
Not sure if our training is any good? See for yourself how 4k video with real world examples can benefit you. Try our free sample course before you buy.
If you have already registered for this course, login to continue.