Installing Surge Suppressors
In this course, students will learn when and how to install surge suppressors (AKA surge arrestors or surge protectors). After completing this course, students should understand:
- Surge suppression for phone lines
- Surge suppression for conductors running between buildings (including SLC, IDC, NAC and power)
- Surge suppression for 110 VAC
- Maximum resistance to ground
- Minimum wire length to the protected equipment
For this course, we would like to thank the following manufacturers for lending or donating products:
- Windy City Wire
Estimated time to complete course: 20 minutes.
This course qualifies as 0.33 CPD points.
This course is available as part of the Fire Alarm 101 bundle.