Courses That Are In-Progress or on the To Do List
We've made a lot of progress over the last couple years, but we still have big plans. Here are some of the courses we have planned for the future.
Pulling Wire (In Progress)
This course is all about pulling wire. We introduce different methods for pulling FPLP across a ceiling and show how to pull wire in conduit (with and without a string), flex and Sealtight. We demonstrate various strategies for pulling one or multiple circuits across an area and show how to be more efficient by moving the wire tree fewer times.
This course is part of the Fire Alarm 101 bundle. Customers who purchase a 1-year subscription to Fire Alarm 101 will get access to this course instantly as soon as it's released.
Other Planned Courses
Here are some more courses we're considering building.
- Electrical Safety
- Working at Heights
- Head, Ear and Eye Safety
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Vehicle Safety
- Proper Lifting
- Fire Sprinkler Fundamentals
- Interacting with Service Customers
- Bypassing or Disabling Devices and Circuits
- Inspection and Testing of Fire Alarm Systems
- Sensitivity Testing
- Monitoring with POTS, Cellular, IP and Radio
- Network Basics
- Power Supplies
- Working with Relays
- Installing Specialty Detectors
- Third Party Integrations
- Installing Conduit
- Intelligibility Testing
- Electronic Fundamentals
- Meter Skills
- Approaches to Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Simulation
- Common Fire Alarm Contractor Shortcuts and Mistakes
- State Fire Alarm Test Prep (Various States)
- Advanced Initiating Devices
- Class N Fire Alarm Circuits
- Installing Circuit Integrity (CI) Cable
- Giant Voice
- Overview of Special Hazards Systems
- Smoke Control Essentials
- NFPA 72 and the International Fire Code
- How to Use NFPA 72 - the National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
- How to Use NFPA 101 - the Life Safety Code
- How to Use the International Fire Code
- Plan Review Approaches and Tactics
- Contracts, Scopes of Work and Change Orders
- Project Management
- What Does Proprietary Mean?
- Delivering Value and Increasing Sales with Voluntary Alternates
- Waterproof, Explosion Proof and Harsh Environments
- Installing Concealite Devices
- Water Tanks
- Class A Risers with Separation
- Why is a Sprinkler Monitoring System Not a Fire Alarm System?
- Resetting Dry Pipe and Preaction Alarm Valves
- Addressable vs Analog
- Basic Math for Skilled Trades
- Positive Alarm Sequence
- Inspections and Paperwork for Joint Commission
- End User's Guide to Interacting with a Fire Alarm System
- Working in Hospitals
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) and Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDA)
- Legal Topics for Sales
- Inspecting Nurse Call Systems
- Testing Fire Doors
- Inspecting Exit Lights
- Inspection and Testing of Sprinkler Systems
- Inspection and Testing of Suppression Systems
You can use the Questions and Comments button at the bottom of the page to let us know which courses are important to you. That will help us prioritize future course development. Thanks in advance!
Ready to find out more?
Check out our course bundle plans and pricing!