Installing Smoke and Heat Detectors
This course will provide you with an understanding of how to install conventional and addressable smoke and heat detectors. After completing this course, you should understand:
- Proper spacing and mounting locations for wall and ceiling mounting
- How to wire up a variety of detectors, including addressable with and without isolation, 2-wire conventional and 4-wire conventional
- What to look for with relay and sounder bases
- How to install duct detectors
- How to verify air flow with a manometer
For this course, we would like to thank the following manufacturers for lending or donating products:
- Klein Tools
- Space Age Electronics
- Windy City Wire
Estimated time to complete course: 30 minutes.
This course qualifies as 0.5 CPD points.
This course is available as part of the Fire Alarm 101 bundle.