This course wraps up our discussion of fire alarm wire and wiring methods with a look at terminating wire. After completing this course, you should understand:
- How much wire to leave at the box or in a panel
- How to terminate wire on screw terminals, including removable terminal blocks
- When to use bus bar
- How to terminate wire with wire nuts and B connectors
- How to terminate network cables
- How to terminate resistors
- How to connect batteries in a panel
- Basic terminology for 110 VAC power
For this course, we would like to thank the following manufacturers for lending or donating products:
- Klein Tools
- Windy City Wire
Estimated time to complete course: 45 minutes.
This course qualifies as 0.75 CPD points.
This course is available as part of the Fire Alarm 101 bundle.
If you have already registered for this course, login to continue.